Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Gee Whillikers! I love kids.

So this happened a year and a half ago, but I had just relayed my little anecdote to a coworker and thought I'd share it here. When I was pregnant my tummy got huge. My little niece had just turned 5 and was staring at my giant belly. Her dog was pregnant at the time also, so she was very curious about my situation. Here's how our conversation went:

Zanae: "Cole, your tummy is fat."
me: "Well, that's because I'm pregnant and there's a baby in there."
Zanae: "Okay...how much babies you got in there?"
me: "Just one."
Zanae: "Oh."
(long, thoughtful pause on Zanae's part while she stares at my fat tummy, contemplating whether or not she honestly believes that there is just one thing in there)
Zanae: "You got any puppies in there too?"
me: "No, just the one human baby."

Don't you so wish you could just ask any question you wanted to every time one came to mind? Or stare when you think something looks strange on someone? I so envy children.

No comments: